This is a 36-40 hour course that covers all the principals and practices of the 16-hour Wilderness First Aid course and introduces the concepts of longer term care and evacuation decisions.
This course allows for more time for practice through scenario based drills.
- All Meals and Snacks
- Beach Camping Accommodations
- Course Materials
- Professional Instruction
Extra Course Options
- Reduced Rate on Accommodation at Rock Island Lodge B&B Before and After Course. Use Code: COURSEGUEST.
- Meal Adjustment (contact us if you wish to bring your own meals)
Successful completion with certification for all courses is based on 100% attendance, satisfactory performance on homework assignments and written quizzes, demonstrated proficiency with practical skills, and a successful grade on a final written exam. We are committed to making reasonable accommodation to any student with special needs.
General Content Information
- Practical Scenarios
- First Aid and Wilderness Emergency Care
- Leadership & Liability
- Anatomy & Physiology 101
- Patient Assessment System
- Basic Life Support
- Traumatic Injuries
- Shock: Recognition & Management
- Patient Stabilization and Evacuation
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Environmental Emergencies
- Acute Abdominal Pain
- Scenario / Assessment Drills / Study
- Wound Management in a Remote Setting
- Medical Problems
- Common Expedition Problems