The full 3 day skills & instructor course is specifically designed for people who are new to SUP and wish to be certified by Paddle Canada to deliver quality certified instruction to Intro to Advanced SUP course participants. Personal fitness, outdoor recreation/leadership, camp and yoga instructors will benefit knowing they are delivering technically sound skills and knowledge in an effective fashion. Successful candidates will also benefit from Paddle Canada support including pro gear deals and course insurance coverage.
For those people with good demonstration-quality skills important to instruction, participation in only the second and third course days is possible.
The course includes practice of demonstration-quality technical SUP skills, a review of SUP-related technical topics, learning the Paddle Canada SUP teaching methodology, then practice teaching of on-water skills and off-water theory sessions.
Successful candidates will be certified to teach and certify others with Introduction and Advanced SUP Flatwater Skills.
Please don’t hesitate to email us with any questions.
- Certified Paddle Canada Instructors
- SUP Board and Equipment
- Beach Camping Accommodations
- Course Materials
Extra Course Options
- Reduced Rate on Accommodation at Rock Island Lodge B&B Before and After Course. Use Code: COURSEGUEST.
As a successful candidate you will be certified to conduct Paddle Canada Introduction to SUP Basic to Advanced Skills courses and certify paddlers at that level.
Candidates wishing to be certified as Paddle Canada Instructors will have to register with Paddle Canada (and pay their fee) in advance of the course.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Current Paddle Canada membership
- Paddle Canada Advanced Flatwater SUP skills certification, or equivalent skills and knowledge.
- Current certification in Standard First Aid with CPR (14-16 hours)