This 16 hour course concentrates on the basics of packaging and transporting patients and managing life and limb threats in remote environments.
It includes prevention and treatment of common environmental problems like Hypothermia and Heat Exhaustion and Stroke.
- All Meals and Snacks
- Beach Camping Accommodations
- Course Materials
- Professional Instruction
Extra Course Options
- Reduced Rate on Accommodation at Rock Island Lodge B&B Before and After Course. Use Code: COURSEGUEST.
- Meal Adjustment (contact us if you wish to bring your own meals)
Successful completion with certification for all courses is based on 100% attendance, satisfactory performance on homework assignments and written quizzes, demonstrated proficiency with practical skills, and a successful grade on a final written exam. We are committed to making reasonable accommodation to any student with special needs.
General Content Information
- First Aid and Wilderness Emergency Care
- Leadership & Liability
- Anatomy & Physiology 101
- Patient Assessment System
- Basic Life Support
- Traumatic Injuries
- Shock: Recognition & Management Stabilization and Evacuation
- Wound Management in a Remote Setting
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Environmental Emergencies