Family and Group Custom Trips
Customized outdoor programs for family or corporate vacations, school groups and summer camps.
We offer custom trips for families and groups of all sizes. Each year we organize and outfit custom trips for summer camps, scout troops, schools and families. We’ve planned and coordinated everything from afternoon voyageur canoe or wilderness survival programs to two-week sea kayak expeditions. Let us know your group size, preferred dates, activities, destinations and required services and we’ll do our best to make your dream trip a reality.
Email us or call 1-800-203-9092 to discuss your custom family, group or corporate program.
- If you’re looking to put the whole crew in one boat, or have a group with little paddling experience, consider our safe, seaworthy and voluminous 36-foot voyageur canoe. It accommodates up to 18 paddlers for day trips and 10 to 14 for multi-day camping trips.
- For the more experienced or adventurous, an outfitted and guided sea kayak trip on Lake Superior is ideal.
- Canoe tripping is still the best way to get around the small lakes and rivers inland from Lake Superior.
- Multi-sport trips can also be arranged to combine hiking, sea kayaking and canoeing. Some groups may prefer to use our site as a base camp for various day-long activities in the Superior East region. We offer beach campsites, group-sized gazebo shelters, picnic tables and full or partial outfitting—including equipment rentals, meals and guiding services.
We also host corporate and family retreats and weddings at our site at the mouth of the Michipicoten River in conjunction with Rock Island Lodge.
Information that we need from you in order to put together a program:
- Group objectives
- Numbers in your party
- Ages of your group members
- Skill level of your group members
- Time frame
- Potential destinations
- Anything else you need from us.