Based on a 2.5 ha site on Lake Superior near Wawa Ontario, Rock Island lodge (and Naturally Superior Adventures) are most active from mid-May to September. When busy we are 10 – 15 people incl. guides, site, lodge, and office staff with about 4 work staff in the lodge.
The Lodge B&B has 4 rooms and a geodome on the beach. We serve breakfast daily and during summer lunch & dinner as well. We also host workshops in the lodge and gatherings on the beach. We are looking for help with managing, cooking and caring for the lodge.
- Planning lodge staff work schedules,
- Plan and cook regular and custom meals for groups from 6 – 25 people including vegan, vegetarian, diary & gluten free
- Assist sea kayak guides in meal preparation for guide trips
- Organize staff to ensure regular housekeeping, assist with house keeping
- Ensure the lodge meets cleanliness and food safety standards
- Daily care and maintenance of our 4-bedroom lodge/B&B
- Help prepare and serve meals to groups from 1 – 20 people
Other activities include assisting guests in the office, lodge/site maintenance, driving vehicle shuttles, etc. Lodge staff may also have an opportunity to help with occasional paddling day trips (sea kayak, canoe, SUP)
- Experience/training with small lodge/B&B care and management
- Experience with making homemade style food for groups of 5 – 25 people.
- Previous commercial experience with housekeeping and small meal preparation
- Organized, clean focused person with a strong work ethic
- A flexible, personable personality with a customer service mentality
- Environmentally minded approach to working and living
- Completion of the safe food handling course (online) before starting this position.
Depending on the position employment is mid May/June – late August/October with a flexible schedule and average of 40 hr weeks with compensation of provincial minimum wage to minimum plus $4/hr plus gratuities.
Tent platform accommodations and meals are available for staff who wish to live on site. All boats/gear is available for personal trips/learning when not required by customers.
Please send us your resume with a cover letter explaining why you’re a good fit for this position to
David Wells: [email protected]