Based on a 2.5 ha site on Lake Superior near Wawa Ontario, Rock Island lodge (and Naturally Superior Adventures) are most active from mid-May to September. When busy we are 10 – 15 people incl. guides, site, lodge, and office staff with about 4 work staff in the lodge.
The Lodge B&B has 4 rooms and a geodome on the beach. We serve breakfast daily and during summer lunch & dinner as well. We also host workshops in the lodge and gatherings on the beach.
Main Lodge staff activities include:
- Daily housekeeping of 4 rooms, the lodge & geodome
- Preparing/serving/clean up of daily meals for guests and staff
- Preparing and packing meals for 1 – 8 day sea kayak & canoe trips
Other activities include assisting guests in the office, lodge/site maintenance, driving vehicle shuttles, etc. Lodge staff may also have an opportunity to help with occasional paddling day trips (sea kayak, canoe, SUP)
- Previous experience with commercial housekeeping
- Previous experience and interest in food preparation/presentation esp. for groups
- Organized person with a strong work ethic
- A flexible, personable personality with a customer service mentality
- Environmentally minded approach to working and living
You will need to complete an accredited safe food handling course (online) before starting this position.
Typical employment is early/mid May-early September with average 40 hr weeks starting at $14 hr plus gratuities.
Tent platform accommodations and meals are available for staff who wish to live on site. All boats/gear is available for personal trips/learning when not required by customers.
Apply with a resume and cover letter. Tell us why you are well suited to this position, what you would like to achieve personally and your salary expectations. If you are sending via email PLEASE USE PDF FILE FORMATS.
Attention Judy Page: [email protected]