Based on a 2.5 ha site on Lake Superior near Wawa Ontario, Naturally Superior Adventures (and Rock Island Lodge) is most active from mid-May to September. Our focus is on silent sports especially paddling. We are 10 – 15 people incl. guides, site, lodge, and office staff.
Typically we hire 1 site Manager & 1 assistant each summer.
Main Site Activities Include
- Maintain boats/gear, help customers with boats on vehicles and with fit/operation from our beach
- Daily/weekly site care including, garbage, lawn/beach, pathways, buildings, outhouses, showers, garbage, vehicles, etc
- Drive shuttles with company/customer vehicles
- Other activities include assisting with building projects, office and lodge operation. An opportunity also exists to site staff to assist with sea kayak/canoe/SUP day trips and instruction and kids programs.
- Previous experience with commercial outdoor site care/maintenance including basic carpentry, plumbing, vehicle/trailer maintenance
- Valid drivers license & good record, F class and/or standard shift a bonus
- Well organized self starter who likes a clean workplace and dealing with customers
- Experience with basic fibreglass and plastic boat repair
Typical employment is early/mid May – early September with average 40 hr weeks at Provincial minimum wage to minimum plus $4 hr.
Tent platform accommodations and meals are available for staff who wish to live on site. All boats and gear are available for personal trips/learning when not required by customers.
If you wish you can participate in our guide training program and assist with on water activities with guests/staff.
Apply with a resume and cover letter. Tell us why you are well suited to this position, what you would like to achieve personally and your salary expectations. If you are sending via email PLEASE USE PDF FILE FORMATS.
Attention David Wells: [email protected]