Expedition Pukaskwa with Bonnie Perry
About this Trip
Dates: August 25 to September 5, 2018 (10 days)
Route: Naturally Superior Adventures, Rock Island Lodge to Hattie Cove.
Bonnie Perry will be the lead guide on this expedition. She is a BCU Level 3 Sea Coach, a 3 Star Assessor, and a 5 Star sea paddler as well as an ACA Level four instructor trainer. A long-time friend of Naturally Superior Adventures, she comes down annually to teach a British Canoe Union/Paddle Canada combination course. When she is not paddling, Bonnie is the Rector/Senior Pastor at All Saints’ Episcopal Church in Chicago, Illinois. She was also featured in the film “Paddling in Spite of the Ordinary”; the film can be viewed here:
Accompanying Bonnie will be one of our resident guides (to be determined). Our guides are trained through Paddle Canada and have Wilderness First Responder certification. We also pride ourselves on extensively developing the most knowledgeable guides with regards to local ecology, history and storytelling. For us, Pukaskwa is a signature trip and offers a chance to see Superior in it’s rawest form. For that reason it is often the guide’s favourite.
- Meals use as much fresh food as possible – The pre-portioned food will be packed by NSA and prepared by trip members. We are able to accommodate most dietary restrictions and preferences with prior notice.
- Dinners will be served in the lodge on the night of arrival and post-trip
- Single kayaks – either P&H or Valley skeg boats or Boreal Designs and Current Designs rudder boats
- Spray decks, paddles, PFDs (you may bring your own), pumps, and other safety gear
What to Bring
- Personal dry bags, sleeping bags and pads are recommended, however we have some available to rent if you wish. A full packing list will be sent upon registration
- Round-trip ground transfer from Sault Ste. Marie Airport (Ontario) to Rock Island Lodge in Wawa
- Post-trip shuttle from Hattie Cove to hotel in Sault Ste. Marie
- One of four rooms in Rock Island Lodge the night before the trip. Each room comes with private bathroom and two beds overlooking Lake Superior and the Michipcoten Rivermouth