This 32-40 hour course upgrades an individual with Advanced Wilderness First Aid to Wilderness First Responder. The course must be taken within three years of receiving the Advanced Wilderness First Aid certification.
This course also recertifies Wilderness First Responder certifications which are due to expire.
- All Meals and Snacks
- Beach Camping Accommodations
- Course Materials
- Professional Instruction
Extra Course Options
- Reduced Rate on Accommodation at Rock Island Lodge B&B Before and After Course. Use Code: COURSEGUEST.
- Meal Adjustment (contact us if you wish to bring your own meals)
Successful completion with certification for all courses is based on 100% attendance, satisfactory performance on homework assignments and written quizzes, demonstrated proficiency with practical skills, and a successful grade on a final written exam. We are committed to making reasonable accommodation to any student with special needs.
General Content Information
- Practical Scenarios
- First Aid and Wilderness Emergency Care
- Leadership & Liability
- Anatomy & Physiology 101
- Patient Assessment System
- Basic Life Support
- Traumatic Injuries
- Shock: Recognition & Management
- Patient Stabilization and Evacuation
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Environmental Emergencies
- Acute Abdominal Pain
- Scenario / Assessment Drills / Study
- Wound Management in a Remote Setting
- Medical Problems
- Common Expedition Problems