OUR COVID APPROACH – JUNE 2022
This plan describes how we will protect our staff and customers from contracting and spreading the Covid virus.
We are following the developments of the Covid 19 pandemic daily and making adjustments to adhere to the government and public health official guidelines.
These guidelines and protocols will change according to official requirements and our own experience. We are a B&B and run group trips during a fairly short season. Covid transmission will have significant effect on our staff and result in the cancellation of trips and accommodations for our valued guests.
It is your responsibility to advise us of your Covid and symptom status. We have very generous cancellation policy.
The Ontario government has lifted all active and passive screening obligations for businesses on March 2nd, 2022 but has given businesses the freedom to put in place their own protocols.
All our staff are fully vaccinated and we require our guests be fully vaccinated as well.
We recommend maintaining safe distance and regular hand washing. Alcohol based (min 70%) hand sanitizers will be located at the entry of all buildings. Wearing a mask is at your own discretion and will be respected.
Unlike larger chain hotels, we are a small and intimate operation. The possibility of transmission may be greater and the consequences to our staff, guests and our business are potentially more significant.
If you are not vaccinated, we will be happy to recommend alternative Wawa accommodations. If you have Covid or are experiencing any of the symptoms, we cannot host you here.
If you are staying with us and experience Covid symptoms or test positive, we can no longer host you. You will be charged for one night’s accommodation (as we must leave the room empty a night and undertake enhanced disinfection cleaning).
We reserve the right to administer a rapid test on your arrival and in the case of a positive result, cancel your reservation subject to the refund policy above.
● Staff will use the kitchen entrance and customers will use the lakeside entry. Hand sanitizer stations will be located at both.
● Entry door handles to be cleaned and disinfected daily
● Beds have washable covers on all mattresses and pillows.
● Housekeeping staff will not enter a guest room during the period of guest occupation.
● If you need clean towels, please ask the staff.
● Prior to new guest arrival, housekeeping clean and disinfect all hard surfaces (i.e. window and door handles, night stands, tables, light switches); ensure clean and fully dry sheets.
● Kindly do not throw wipes in the toilet as they block our septic system.
● Frequently touched surfaces (window handles, tables, light switches, door handles, chairs and armrests, railings) to be cleaned and disinfected daily.
Lodge Public Washroom
● We will stock the washroom with soap and paper towels. Lysol wipes are available on request. Please do not dispose of them in the toilet.
● The public washroom to be cleaned and sanitized at least twice a day.
● The kitchen is cleaned daily and staff will ensure hard surfaces, i.e. refrigerator door, stove, BBQ, counter tops, appliance handles and cupboard handles, etc. are disinfected.
● All used dishware (plates, bowls, cups, pots, pans, etc.) are cleaned/sanitized in our commercial high temperature dishwasher.
● Kitchen staff sanitize hands before work and after handling used dishes/cutlery.
● All meals will be served in the common area “Frontroom” plated or buffet style. Please be patient and maintain safe distancing as appropriate.
● Picnic tables will be set up outside the front room.
● Salt and pepper shakers, ketchup bottles/dispensers, etc. will be laid out on each table and cleaned after each service
DAY TRIPS & INSTRUCTION:
If you have Covid or are experiencing any of the symptoms, we can’t host you here. We reserve the right to administer a rapid test on your arrival and in the case of a positive result, cancel your reservation without refund.
Drivers regularly hand sanitize and may or may not be wearing a mask, Tell your driver if you prefer they wear a mask and they will happily comply.
MULTIDAY GROUP PADDLING TRIPS::
If you have Covid or are experiencing any of the symptoms, we can’t host you on a multiday trip. Please test yourself in advance of a trip. We reserve the right to administer a rapid test on your arrival and in the case of a positive result, cancel your participation.
Standard trip sanitation will be in place and you are encouraged to continue with social distancing and proper hand sanitization. Mask wearing is optional and fully supported.
OFFICE: (Upon arrival or when visiting the store)
● Max. of one party and two individuals per party permitted in the office at any time.
● Front desk hard surfaces to be cleaned and sanitized daily (desk top, door handles, telephone, light switch, etc.).
Equipment Shed: (for the staff only)
● After every use, Farmer John/Jill wetsuits and booties will be washed in a neoprene cleaner, turned inside out and stored outside on a clothesline for 48 hours before reuse.
● Returning boats will be cleaned in the usual fashion.
● Outhouses are cleaned and disinfected typically before noon daily.
● We will stock with Lysol wipes. Please do not throw Lysol wipes in the toilet
● The public shower building is cleaned and disinfected daily.
- This plan will be adjusted appropriately in response to Provincial and Algoma Health Unit updates and inoculation progress in Ontario.