This is a 4 day, 3 night paddling excursion hosted by Naturally Superior Adventures with guest paddlers Morag & Gordon Brown, Erik Ogaard and coach process workshop participants. Our route will be confirmed on pre-trip after a review of wind/weather conditions and group preferences. Options include:
- Shuttle into Lake Superior Park to paddle the Gargantua area or from Old Woman Bay returning to our base in Michipicoten Harbour.
- Paddle from our base westwards towards Dog River and return
Join us for a lodge dinner and trip orientation Friday night with overnight camping on our beach (lodge, dome, prospector tent accommodations may be available). Following a lodge breakfast Saturday morning we’ll pack up and head out for four days/3 nights wilderness paddling/camping on Lake Superior.
Starts: 6:00 pm
Ends: 4:00 pm
- Certified Paddle Canada Instructors
- Beach Camping Accommodations
- Park Fees
- Group Safety Gear
- Group Communication Gear
- Pre-trip Lodge dinner & breakfast
Extra Course Options
- Tent or Other Equipment Rental
- Intermediate or better skills paddler (sea kayak)
- Able to paddle 25 km in a day with relative comfort
- Good wilderness camping/kayaking experience
Key outcomes include:
- Developing your paddling skills to a higher level of proficiency.
About Gordon Brown:
Hailing from Scotland, Gordon Brown is a world class coach known for his charming accent, wit and incredible coordination in a kayak. His contributions to sea kayaking include the award-winning
- DVD skills trilogy Sea Kayak with Gordon Brown,
- Indispensible book, Sea Kayak: A Manual for Intermediate and Advanced Kayakers.
About Erik Ogaard:
With 25 plus years of coaching experience on Canada’s Atlantic, Pacific and LakeSuperior coastlines, Erik is one of Canada’s top coaches. He’s the Head Instructor and Paddling Program Developer at Harbourfront Canoe & Kayak Centre in Toronto. He’s a Paddle Canada Level 3 Instructor Trainer and Level 4 Instructor. But wait, there’s more; He’s also a British Canoe Four Star paddler, Three Star Sea Kayak Coach, CanFitPro Personal Trainer and loves technical paddling skills and open rough- water kayak play.