Based on a 2.5 ha site on Lake Superior near Wawa Ontario, Naturally Superior Adventures (and Rock Island Lodge) is most active from mid-May to September. Our focus is on silent sports especially paddling. We are 10 – 15 people incl. guides, site, lodge, and office staff.
Main Guides Activities Include
- Lead/assist 2 – 8 day outfitted trips on Superior by sea kayak and voyageur canoe.
- Deliver Paddle Canada certified sea kayak, canoe and SUP skills/instructor courses.
- Lead/assist day trips/instruction by sea kayak, canoe and SUP.
- Lead/assist with a variety of site-based school and youth programs.
Other activities include assisting with our boat rentals/maintenance, site maintenance, driving vehicle shuttles and helping with our lodge operation.
Mandatory Guide Qualifications
- Current Advanced Wilderness First Aid Certification (40 hr).
- Good sea kayak/canoe paddling skills (Paddle Canada level 1 (or equivalent) or greater. Note that these are often offered as part of spring staff training program.
- College or University outdoor leadership/skills career path.
- Commercial guide experience with sea kayaks, voyageur/tandem canoes, and SUP.
- Higher levels of Paddle Canada (or equivalent) skills/instructor certifications.
- Drivers license and good driving record
- Heritage and ecological knowledge/interest in Lake Superior’s coast
- A flexible, personable personality with strong safety and customer service mentality
Typical employment is early/mid-May – early September with average 40 hr weeks at minimum (($14.50 – $16 hr).
Tent platform accommodations and meals are available for staff who wish to live on site.
All boats/gear are available for personal trips/learning when not required by customers.
Our guide course and Paddle Canada skills/instructor training program combined with paddling Superior will advance your paddling/guiding skills considerably.
Please send us your resume with a cover letter explaining why you’re a good fit for this position to:
David Wells: [email protected]